Sunday, September 23, 2012

Big Pine

I’m really starting to miss that place. It’s crazy….I haven’t been there since May. I miss it. It’s like my second home. It’s honestly my favorite place in the whole entire world. I miss the tiny little church where I know everyone and they all know me. I miss Miss Ardith walking up to me saying “I remember when I first met you, you were about your brothers age and the first thing you said to me was ‘Miss Ardith you have lipstick on your teeth.’” I miss walking around the track at night in the pitch black with nothing but the stars giving light. I miss driving down back dirt roads with a large soda and some spitz to share listening to music and driving over bumps as fast as we can. I miss fishing in the creek in my nana's backyard. I miss driving my poppa's truck with his back seat driving. I miss going to sleep in the princess room with the creaking bed and headboard. I miss the sound of the pellet stove when its lit. I miss walking in the front door and the first thing I see is that dang deer head with the stuffed pheasant next to it. I miss the ugly rusted color carpet that I love so much. I miss the microwave that doesn't have a timer. I miss hearing the tree branches bang against the window. I miss that 15 minute drive into Bishop where I know I’m about to go have the best bargain shopping ever at JC PENNY and KMART. I miss playing truck tag with all the boys in town and hiding in the graveyard at 12 at night. I especially miss Sam. I haven’t seen her in almost a year. It’s crazy. She’s one girl I know will always be my best friend. Even though we live like 482809213091 miles away from each other….when we’re together it’s like we were never apart. I miss my home away from home.




No comments:

Post a Comment