Sunday, August 25, 2013

Life Goes On

Well, it's here, the ending to another wild and crazy summer. This summer, however, was very different from the others. This summer, I turned 18, I said goodbye to some people and see you later to others. Tomorrow I will embark on my new adventure. I will meet new people, attend a new school, absorb new knowledge, and develop a new "normal."

What is that word? Normal. My normal has changed big time this summer. I lost two pets that I loved. I lost a friendship. And even worse, I lost high school. I lost all of the familiar faces I was so used to seeing every day. I lost waking up every morning and getting to school at zero period to get a parking spot and sitting in the car laughing and talking with Sidnie. I lost walking down the hallway to my locker and seeing the notorious group of Elco baseball players huddled next to their lockers and saying "hi" to me as I pass by. I lost my favorite corner in the back of crazy Mrs. Greene's class where Phoebe, Maddie, Katie, Tanny, Brianna, and I would sit and talk about how much we hated the class. I lost an amazing group of friends that I connected with through music and who shared their passion of music with our voices as one.

It sucks not knowing what my new "normal" is going to be. It sucks not knowing who I'm going to kill time with now that most of my core group of friends are away at college. But I guess I've got to take it day by day and figure out what's next. Robert Frost said it best: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”


No comments:

Post a Comment